Friday 7 November 2014

Put a survivor to work for you

In 2008 I was diagnosed with cancer. This life-changing experience underlined for me the great fortune we have to live in one of the best places on earth. More than just great air, water, natural resources, human services and amenities, a healthy environment is dependent on community connections.

Counselling cancer survivors, supporting seniors, coaching half-marathon runners and volunteering at community events lets me ‘pay it forward.’

I was honoured to be the keynote Survivor speaker at the CIBC Run for the Cure in 2011 and to represent the District of Saanich at the CIBC Run for the Cure in 2014.

Returning to Saanich Council for another term in 2014 will enable me to take these efforts to the next level. My commitment is to examine projects and proposals to ensure we never lose sight of the very aspects that make Saanich so liveable.

For more information about the CIBC Run for the Cure visit: Run for the Cure




No comments:

Post a Comment