Today's announcement from UVic outlining their decision to take 6 months to engage with the community on their parkade plans is the right way to go. Just because the proponent is a community institution providing great service and amenities, it doesn't provide them with unlimited social licence. Thanks UVic for showing the maturity to understand the importance of engaging your neighbours. I look forward to seeing your project progress.
Wednesday, 5 October 2011
Monday, 3 October 2011
- Councillor, District of Saanich 2001- 2005
- Councillor, District of Central Saanich, 1996-1999
- 20 year career civil servant, currently Negotiator, Ministry of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation
- Previously leadership roles in Climate Action Secretariat, Olympic Games Secretariat, Oil and Gas Division, and Attorney General
- MBA, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- Certified Negotiator and Mediator
- Trustee, Greater Victoria Public Library Board, 2005 - Present
- Chair, Policy and Program Evaluation Committee, Greater Victoria Library Board
- Volunteer Coach, Running Room and TC 10K
- Volunteer Coach, Breast Cancer Survivor Clinic, CIBC Run for the Cure
- Service on numerous boards and Committees including Sliver Threads, Lower Island Equestrian Club, CRD Arts, Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary.
- 2006 Greater Victoria YWCA Woman of Distinction Award – Public Service